The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, November 23, 2012

No Way In Hell...



There is no way in hell that I will be out and about in any store today, "black Friday".  It is pure insanity.  I so utterly despise the noise and traffic and other nonsense.

Instead, I am vowing to do all needed Christmas purchases (that I have to do.... my wife can do whatever she wants.... she loves shopping) that I am responsible for... ON LINE.

Instead, today I think I will go visit my elderly father-in-law, and perhaps indulge in delightful libations and pipes.

PipeTobacco

Goal for today (Friday) = 8 bowls

Thursday's Goal = 4 bowls
Actual Consumption = 6 bowls

5 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Black Friday, it’s fucking insane, I never partake. Every year there’s a lot of hype about avoiding it and not shopping but the idiot masses still do it.

Anyway, I haven't done any christmas shopping for years, I simply don't do christmas anymore.

I guess if you're going to call your smoking a hobby you may as well toy with the goals, a hobby has to have something to fuck around with.

Enjoy the libations and bullshit.

Friday, 23 November, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

"How many times should we screw for a few minutes today before the big climax tonight?"

That would be a more interesting hobby, me thinks. Hemingway would agree. :-)

Friday, 23 November, 2012  
Blogger Doc Teri said...

I agree with you...no Black Friday for me! I'm sitting home watching the 5th season of Dexter.

I had three cigarettes yesterday....I've had one today. I thank you and Billy for that!

Finally - I didn't get to post what my favorite traditional Christmas dish is on your last post, so I'm doing it here. My family is originally from the south, and I make (as did my mother and her mother before her) the most amazing cornbread stuffing - tantalizing, mouthwatering, wonderful with my homemade gravy. That's my favorite...I can't get enough of it!!!

Friday, 23 November, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

Ah, nice to see Teri back and doing well. Go Doc !!!

Friday, 23 November, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

Cornbread stuffing, don't think I've ever had any, it's got to be better than some of the crap they make around here.

Friday, 23 November, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home