The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

.
"Interesting" Day



The first day of 2014 has been a little off kilter here for a number of reasons:

1.  It was annoyingly damn cold this morning.  The thermometer on my vehicle stated it was -4 at 8:30am.  I have no idea how cold it was when I was walking at 5:00am. 

2.  I woke up in a real ornery mood this morning (no, not from a hangover) because of a bad dream.  The type of dream where you end up clenching your fists (and I also clench my toes) and grind your teeth very badly.  It is the type of dream where you awaken MUCH MORE tired than when you went to bed.  The dream was basically about my childhood home, the death of my father, and the subsequent selling of the family home, and the distribution of all of his possessions. 

3.  I was able to indulge in two pipes, one before heading out on my walk, and one upon my return, then still feeling very irritable, I knew the only way to really get out of the mood (at least easily), was to go sleep again, and get into a REM sleep stage that would help my body to relax.  So, I went through my "night" routine again, and crawled into bed, and slept for about an our and a half.  That did the trick, and I felt back to my normal self upon awakening. 

4.  Probably one of the more truly enjoyable things today was that I ate a pomegranate and a grapefruit for breakfast in addition to my normal cereal with blueberries, yogurt, and grapes/apples/melon.  I always forget how good pomegranate is, because I do not have them that often.  I should request my wife to buy them more frequently. 

So, nothing too exciting.  Just a series of circumstances that made life a bit off kilter.

PipeTobacco


3 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

I admire your determination to walk in all kinds of weather. Happy 2014.

Thursday, 02 January, 2014  
Blogger BBC said...

It is 41 degrees here, I admire you for continuing your walks.

Thursday, 02 January, 2014  
Blogger BBC said...

When I was long haul trucking I at times stopped to visit a friend in Riverside, Ca.

She had a pomegranate tree in her yard and most of them went to waste cuz damn near everyone has one in their yards.

Thursday, 02 January, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home