The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

.
2355





I am just getting ready to head out the door on my walk, but then I had a thought.  With all the sub-zero weather, I thought it would be a good idea for me to count up my consistency days in regards to walking.  It  has been 2355 days that I have walked 5 miles every damn day!  This is whether it is snowing, raining, below zero, a holiday, or if I am sicker than a dog.  Every damn day!  Truth be told, I am very glad I do it.  Truth also be told, February is always the most emotionally unpleasant month for walking outside, and so I have learned to brace for damn near anything in February.  January may have more snow, may have more cold,  and may be darker... but it still seems relatively fresh and new.  And, March may still have plenty of cold and plenty of snow.... but the end of the damn stuff is somewhere near enough in the future to at least seem ALMOST tangible.  April snow is also common, but it is usually more a  brief nuance, rather than a permanent fixture. 

BUT, FEBRUARY.... the snow is awfully damn tiresome, the temperatures still are potentially bitter, there really is NO hope of spring being anytime remotely able to be contrived into being "soon".  February seems to be the month where hope is nearly lost. 

But, I am glad I am still walking every damn day!  Today when I am done, it will be day 2355!!! 

PipeTobacco


1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Damn good job, it does help you to walk a lot. Don't they have a big building there that you can walk around in?

Wednesday, 25 February, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home