The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, December 21, 2015

1 Ounce

I am in the midst of my trial at reducing my pipe smoking to one ounce of tobacco a week.  I started on Friday.   it has been like I thought so far.  I  am feeling somewhat nervous I will run out before Friday and then fail by reaching for next week's ounce.  

But, I am also (I think) learning to do without my pipe more often.  It is a difficult challenge, but I am going to try to persevere.  My hope is that I will be able to "unlearn" the habit in this way.  

I do not feel like myself at times  though.  I am less animated, and less content.  But, hopefully I am learning.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

An ounce seems like a lot.

Tuesday, 22 December, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home