The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Beans and Rice

Just putting together dinner for later this evening.  I am making a concoction that is my take on rice and beans.  I am making my beans with kidney and Lima beans and a sauce that has tomatoes, cheese and various Mexican spices.  But  I like to add a bit of curry to the mix.  With it we are having a quick version of what I call dirty rice which is rice with prepackaged taco seasoning in it.  Also on the menu is a falafel and curry flavored cornbread.  It may sound like a mosh-mash and perhaps it is, but the whole family likes it.

I guess in modern culinary circles it would be called a Mexican-Indian Fusion meal.  I just call it good food.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger MRMacrum said...

Just read this. As I am hungry and have been for the last hour, you just made my mouth water. Thanks a lot.

Tuesday, 05 April, 2016  
Blogger BBC said...

Some years back I made a really good bean and rice meal, to bad I didn't write down how I did it.

Tuesday, 05 April, 2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home