The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Unfocused

I feel guilty when I don't want to focus when I have some open time, but that is exactly how I am at the moment.  I should probably be doing all kinds of things either for work or for home but I am not doing a damn thing.  

Not really sure how to get myself motivated.  I did jog three of my five miles today.  I actually made the dog tired enough after three miles that she did not pull on her harness during the remaining two miles when we walked.  That was good.   Also at the end of the three miles, my heart rate was steady at 150 BPM which should be good for my cardiovascular function.  When I check my heart rate in the morning when I get up, it has been consistently hovering between 56 and 60 BPM which is also nice.  

Now if I can figure out a way to either give up the pipe or only smoke once a week or so when drinking, I would feel pretty damn successful about doing good things for my body.  Still trying to figure a way to get myself to really do that, and to be willing and eager to stick with that though is the piece of the puzzle I still cannot figure out.  It aggravates me, but I will keep trying to figure out a way to be successful at it.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Only smoking once a week really isn't an option for most folks although I did know one lady that did just that, when she went to the bar on the weekend. But maybe it is all a crap shoot, she died a few years ago anyway and she was ten years younger than me.

Tuesday, 19 April, 2016  
Blogger BBC said...

Ya stupid shit, ya don't have to be focused all the time, go fishing or something, relax!!

The only times (mostly) I focused on something was when I was wrenching or screwing, all the other shit is just filler. :-)

Tuesday, 19 April, 2016  
Blogger Unknown said...

you article is nice and informative.
Best IAS Coaching in Agra

Wednesday, 20 April, 2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home