The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, October 14, 2016

Handlebar Mustache

Heh!  I am feeling pretty damn good at the moment!  Today was set to be a hellacious Departmental Meeting with people getting horribly angry at each other and generally being idiots.  I worried about it all week long, as I am Chair of the Department and oversee the meeting and hate with a passion, the vile vitriol that can ensue at these sorts of things.  Well, I am damn proud to say that I handled the situation with aplomb!  I kept people reasonable and kind to each other, and no umbrage broke out!  We actually accomplished a fair amount of work!

The above pleased me no end, and I thought that called for a celebratory late afternoon with my elderly father-in-law.  He was in a brandy mood, whereas I was in more of a boilermaker mood (whisky and beer for those who may not know what a boilermaker is).  Ample pipes were also enjoyed!  

Now I am home, feeling pleasant.  So, pleasant in fact that I decided to "handlebar" my mustache, much to the chagrin of my wife.  I do admit I look a bit silly with a wide, handlebar mustache along with my beard.... but what the hell... I find it rather fun to look a bit odd and silly!  I am thinking I will sport the handlebar all weekend, even at Mass.  I will get a lot of silly looks and grins about it, but it will be fun!   I will brush my mustache back out for Monday morning, so I look back to my regular self.   But for now, it if fun looking like an old German beirmeister from the 1800s!!!

PipeTobacco


4 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

When you think it's going to really bad, it isn't and when you don't, it really is. Funny how that works.

#3 son has had a handlebar mustache for a good while now, I think he would look plain without it, now.

Saturday, 15 October, 2016  
Blogger BBC said...

Enjoy your weekend.

Saturday, 15 October, 2016  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

You must be in a good mood if you're experimenting with your facial hair. How about trying the three-musketeer chevalier look while you're on a roll.

Saturday, 15 October, 2016  
Blogger E. Rosewater said...

you only live once so go for it!

Sunday, 16 October, 2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home