The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Nice Pattern

Even though unlikely to last, this is the third Friday in a roll that I had a good day and then had a delightful Tim traveling to my elderly father in law' for potable libations and pipes.  It was a gel rand day.   I thought it might be so, so to further enhance it I refrained from my morning and afternoon pip so that it would feel and be even more beautiful with a libation.   And to top it off my father in law dug out of his supply an old but delightful blend of tobacco that was called sagebrush from which I topped off the top of my bowl of my typically robust burley.  It was like nectar fro the gods!   

Now sitting here at home, I am enjoying another pipe on the back porch and can hear the marching band from the local high school play their halftime show in the distance.   Very, very pleasant.   It is about 49 degrees but feels nice with a heavy sweatshirt on.  

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Potable libation? That wouldn't be moonshine would it?

Saturday, 22 October, 2016  
Blogger E. Rosewater said...

You just talked me into sparking a bud.

Yes, life is good. (other than those nogoodnik cubs beating the dodgers)

Saturday, 22 October, 2016  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Autumn in (upstate) New York?

Sunday, 23 October, 2016  
Blogger MRMacrum said...

Some days just work out. Enjoy.

Sunday, 23 October, 2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home