The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, February 27, 2017

Under Monday

Monday's are generally more rough than other days (like the Mama's & the Papa's sang), but today is harder than the usual Momday.  I was suddenly sapped of all energy on Friday afternoon when virtually every part of my body was sore, and aching, and I had a fever of 101.7.  It appeared to be the "flu" that tons of my students had been experiencing the last two weeks.  Instead of going for libations and pipes with my elderly fathe-in-law as had been my plan, I crawled into bed and  slept about 20 hours.  Still feeling achey and feverish, I ran outside Saturday to get the weeks total to my minimum 28 miles for the week and then walked instead on Sunday.  By last evening I was feeling normal in regards to temperature, but still very tired.  

This morning, the last thing I wanted to do was get up at 5am.  But I forced myself and ran my usual 5 miles, albeit slowly.  I am going to get ready for work, and I sincerely hope it turns out to be an easy day without "crises" I have to deal with.  My energy level is not up to snuff yet.  I am going to keep really pushing fluids and persevere.

PipeTobacco

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to run in the military. I haven't ran across anything frightening enough to cause my to take flight in recent years. My mobility scooter only has a range of 16 miles before it needs recharged. So far that has sufficed. hope you feel better soon.

Monday, 27 February, 2017  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

I would have advised a total break until you were back to full health. I'm wondering whether it's become as addictive as your pipe!

Monday, 27 February, 2017  
Blogger Sharon said...

I concur with Gorilla Bananas.
Feel well soon.

Monday, 27 February, 2017  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I won't lecture...But take care of your self and hope you feel better soon.
Coffee is on

Monday, 27 February, 2017  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Take it easy for a few days. You've earned it.

Monday, 27 February, 2017  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I walk fast..only run when one of the gg's takes off.

Monday, 27 February, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home