The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Very Tired

I got up this morning and did my run at 5 am like usual.  It was a balmy 72 degrees at that early morning hour.  With that warmth and humidity, and with it still being dark out (just before sunrise), I decided to run without a shirt.  This is not typical for me to do, but it felt very nice.  

I then came back to the house, watered and fed the dog and let her do her business while I had a pipe on the back porch.  Then I proceeded to the U.

I find I am extremely tired at the moment. It is not really a physical tiredness, but more of a mental tiredness.  I sit here trying to get a bunch of b*llsh*t done, but I have no focus, nor interest, nor gumption to do any of it.  That is not good.  All it means is that things will begin to pile up and become even
more aggravating.  I wish I could figure out a way to get motivated.

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger Jono said...

Sounds like you've got those old cosmic blues. For me it usually goes with depression which for me is more seasonal.Hopefully it's just a bit of a downswing, but a lack of motivation has been a regular visitor in my life.

Thursday, 17 August, 2017  
Blogger Sharon said...

Sorry about the overlap overload, I hope it sorts out soon.

Thursday, 17 August, 2017  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

Have you thought of negotiating a contract with fewer hours and less B.S. Professor? You're clearly a man with better things to do.

Thursday, 17 August, 2017  
Blogger Jo ~ said...

you and me both. Can't seem to find my mojo anywhere.

Thursday, 17 August, 2017  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Even though you ran at 5 AM, 72 degrees sounds "hot" for that time of day. Perhaps the humidity sapped your energy? Even so, facing a stack of unpleasant work is a downer.

Thursday, 17 August, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home