The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Work is Work

More utter b*llsh*t is going on in the Department still.  It is more annoying than words can describe so I will leave out the details.  But, what I have decided to do is to take care of myself regardless of all the crap going on.  I have decided to STOP taking work home with me at night.  I am far, far to old to have "homework" anymore and this is a stand I plan to continue.  If things cannot get done during my normal work day, I do not give a damn anymore.  I deserve and my family deserves me being home when I am not at the U.  I also am working on not thinking about the U when I am not there as well... except perhaps when I write here.  That is a far more challenging task, but I am firmly convinced it is what I should and can do as well.

Running has gone well.  I hit 28 last week again and I have ran 5 yesterday and today.  My guide at the gym yesterday said I was making noticible progress even though he pushed me again to muscle failure. It was at a considerably higher weight and rep level though. So, I am sore as hell, but that is the way it should be I guess.  I have to keep in mind that this is the way I grow and improve my upper body strength.... even when it feels defeating when my muscles go in to failure.  He is right, I am getting stronger.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Sensible decisions, Prof!

In our new exercise class I tried to do a plank today. Only 9 months ago I could hold it for a minute and a half; today I was struggling to last 30 seconds. A few months off and you lose it.

Tuesday, 17 October, 2017  
Blogger Sharon said...

Sometimes when you extend yourself, people are not satisfied and expect more. It hardly ever pays. Your family is more important than kissing behinds.

Glad to hear the weights are helping - remember the old saw - No pain, no gain.

Tuesday, 17 October, 2017  
Blogger BBC said...

Good for you...

Thursday, 19 October, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home