The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Thyme

I ended up adding basil and thyme to the cornbread yesterday and it was even nicer than marjoram!  Thyme is one of my newer HEAVY USE spices.  I am finding it wonderful in so many dishes.  It is also great on sandwiches!

The whole dinner turned out wonderful!  The beans were very heavily spiced with various Mexican spices, I made dirty rice with some Cajun seasoning and brown rice, a nacho cheese flavored vegetable side, and we had giant salads as well.  Everyone was full and happy during our meal.

I am now having my morning pipe after my run.  I again hit just under 50 minutes for my 5 miles, and was not pushing myself hard this morning.  I have to go shower and head out to work.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Forsythia said...

You sound busy, energetic, happy, creative. From the sound of yesterday's post, you had a really great day. Life is good.

Tuesday, 10 October, 2017  
Blogger Sharon said...

Your dinner sounds very good! Mmm, dirty rice, we haven't had that in a while, I must remind DH!
Good run!

Tuesday, 10 October, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home