The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, April 30, 2018

Trying to NOT Take Things for Granted

I sometimes feel that I am an ungrateful, petulant, slob.   I get so caught up in the day-to-day work hassles and challenges that I do not reflect adequately on good things, on positive things, on people I should be more appreciative of.  I sometimes feel that the myriad of stresses I have to wade through day-to-day are really reflections of my failing as a person.  Everyone has hardships.  Everyone has stress.  Everyone has rough things happen to them.  But, I believe in my heart that if I could only muster up enough strength, enough fortitude, enough resolve.... to look beyond all the "crap" I would be a far kinder, more helpful person and be better for those around me.  That I do not work up that strength in myself makes me frustrated.  Sometimes I think it is because I feel tired, but that is really only an excuse.  I need to work harder to be a better person.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

If you are always tired have you seen a doctor? It may be a physical element that is bringing you down. Something as simple as not enough iron for instance.

Monday, 30 April, 2018  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sometimes when I get grumpy, I then realize that I am tired.

Monday, 30 April, 2018  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home