The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, February 15, 2019

Valentine's Day Yesterday


My wife and I had a quiet, romantic evening at home for Valentine's Day. 

Valentine's Day was a bit different from usual though in that a) I did not get her any candy because she is trying to avoid said because of a "pre-Type II" diabetic condition she is attempting to alleviate, and b) I did not indulge in any pleasant wine or other libations. 

Interestingly, while I never have been a big drinker (probably 3-4 drinks a month on average, maybe a little bit more when I was able to frequently visit my father-in-law), I think in the last year, I have had perhaps 3-4 drinks total.  For me, in many ways, I think that when I would drink.... I did so in many ways.... to ENHANCE my pipe smoking experience.  I always relished how after a drink or two, the beauty and intensity of having a pipe would grow significantly.   Without the pipe, drinking seems rather superfluous in many ways. 

Well, back to Valentine's Day.... it was a quiet pleasure between us and even though different than most years... it was wonderful to spend that time together.

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Glad you had a good day. I don't drink much either, and it's mostly wine when I do.

It's hard for me to answer your question about using the ring flash since I tend to forget what I did and didn't do after awhile.

I do, however, appreciate your questions and comments.

Friday, 15 February, 2019  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Hello from a new blog visitor who came here from AC’s blog. I enjoyed reading some previous posts as well and plan to return. We celebrated a low-key V-Day and soending time together at home was more enjoyable to us as well. We did have some Prosecco with a home-cooked fish dinner, but skipped the sweet treats before or after. Instead we watched a classic film, South Pacific, which had a terrible plot but such wonderful songs.

Saturday, 16 February, 2019  
Blogger Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Also, I added a link to your blog on our blog page, so it will be easier for me to make return visits. If you have any “objection” to my doing so, please just let me know and I will remove it.

Saturday, 16 February, 2019  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

Every day should be Valentines Day in a marriage. I can't imagine my life without my wife and every day I try to find some way to express how much I love her - if it is only telling her how special she is.
the Ol'Buzzard

Saturday, 16 February, 2019  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I don't think I've had a valentines gift since my granddaughters were kids..sigh*

Monday, 18 February, 2019  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home