The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, January 26, 2020

From Mass


In today's readings at Mass, the following excerpt was one part that especially caught my attention:

"The people who walked in darkness
have seen a great light;
upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom
a light has shone."


For me, this spoke to me of how, even when things are sad and hard, I need to try to keep a strong focus on trying to do good, to be helpful and to be a servant to others.  I believe very sincerely, that by trying to turn my focus from my own selfish ideas, and working hard to do good things, and try to help others as best as I can and lead a life of service.... this is the real way to attain the mental/emotional state of happiness in life. To be otherwise, I believe, allows us to feel isolated and alone.

PipeTobacco 

1 Comments:

Blogger Adie Das said...

I believe so too. Plus being kind to yourself!

Thursday, 30 January, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home