The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, January 09, 2020

Miles

No, not the running kind..... the "Davis" kind.   Even though I am a woodwind player myself (bass clarinet, tenor saxophone, alto clarinet, soprano clarinet) myself..... I do appreciate the full wind ensemble.   Lately, I have been finding myself especially drawn to listen to the earlier works by Miles Davis... who plays the trumpet..... especially his work in the early and mid 1960s.   So beautiful!  Here are a two links to some of my favorites:

It Never Entered My Mind

In Your Own Sweet Way

PipeTobacco

5 Comments:

Blogger THE ONLY TRUE HACKER IN THE WORLD ® said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Thursday, 09 January, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I even played a short time on the trumpet and quite a few years on violin. But nothing like Miles Davis

Thursday, 09 January, 2020  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

I took a few lessons in French Horn while in college and messed around with a trumpet for a bit at that time.... but I was not good at either. Brass instruments are not my forte, sadly.

Friday, 10 January, 2020  
Blogger Ol'Buzzard said...

He is a national treasure.
the Ol'Buzzard

Monday, 13 January, 2020  
Blogger Dr Sebi Jr said...

I have used Dr Aziba herbal Medicine cure remedy for 2 WEEKS now. So far, it has cured my HERPES, eliminated my COLD SORE, improved energy and metabolism, in the morning I feel recharged and I no longer feel sleepy after a meal. As for the scent, it does smell like motor oil but I chase it down with 100% Herbal medicine from Dr Aziba. twice a day AFTER a meal. I also experienced vivid dreams for about 5 days now it’s diminishing to during the first 2 or 3 hours of sleep . contact Dr Aziba: EMAIL: priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348100368288 and He also have herbs medicine.
Some other areas of your health you may need Dr Aziba help to get cured.
{1}Diabetes
{2}HPV
{3}ALS
{4}Herpes
Contact
Dr via Email: Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
WhatsApp : +2348100368288

Saturday, 18 January, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home