The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, February 02, 2020

Mass

Unfortunately, with several unexpected absences of folks who help out due to weather.... most every task at mass needed my attention.  Our priest even added a special “all parishioners” candle lighting aspect to mass today.  So, I had so many tasks to do.... ushering, Eucharistic layminister, acolyte, candle distributor, candle lighter, filling the alter candles.... and several other tasks, I very unfortunately cannot recall what any of the readings were about nor much about Father’s homily.

I feel guilty that I did not pay attention better.  Even though I was running around like the proverbial “chicken with its head cut off” the entire time I was there, it is not a legitimate excuse for not paying attention more deeply.  I will have to go to the Catholic Bishop’s Mass Reading website to try to read what I missed.

It is still not the same, but it is what I can do.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger David P. said...

Having been an E.M., Lector, acolyte, and now choir musician, I understand how that can happen. Sometimes it comes with the effort of making sure others have a holy experience. Take solace in that, that your fellow parishioners had a fuller, more spiritual experience in part because of your efforts. God smiles at his workers, even when they're very busy.

Sunday, 02 February, 2020  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Schrodinger's Dog.... Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it.... it does help put things into a "calmer" perspective for me.

PipeTobacco

Monday, 03 February, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home