The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, April 20, 2020

1/2 Marathon Length Run

Hmm.... I had written a post here this morning... but it seems like I must have forgotten to hit publish and lost it.  Oh well.... here is a brief recap (brief because I have been at the computer all day for my students).

I am very happy to report that I ran my April 1/2 Marathon distance this morning!  I got up and on the trail determined to try to do it this morning because it is already the 20th and I needed to do one run of this length in April.... and because there was very little wind.  Running into the wind is not my favorite task, so it seemed like a great day to try to accomplish this.  I started my run at 6:15am.  I ran my 13.1 miles (just a little over 21 km) in two hours and one minute.  I had my fastest 1/2 marathon pace ever!  It was an ~9:15 pace for each mile (if I converted right that is an ~ 5:42 /km pace).... nothing amazing really, but not too damn shabby for an old duffer!!!!!

It feels very nice to have it finished for April!!!

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home