The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Gametogenesis


Gametogenesis is a biological process by which diploid or haploid precursor cells undergo cell division and differentiation to form mature haploid gametes. It is a critical process to know and understand in one of my courses, and I was writing some new "electronic delivery-friendly" notes in PowerPoint for students about this process last night.  I had the requisite images of various species ova (eggs) and various species spermatozoa as part of the imagery.  And, I found a well done video to include, that displayed the actual process of external fertilization occurring in sea urchin gametes under the microscope. When finished, I saved all my work and went to head off to bed.

Yet, the work itself incurred "randy" feelings in me.  When I then slid under the covers, I snuggled up close to my wife who had gone to bed a bit earlier, and was happy to find she too was in a more "spirited" frame of mind.  It was a very pleasant end to the evening.  

And who said educational thought was simply dull and pedantic?     

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good on ya, mate :)

Saturday, 30 May, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

This is all change for all of us. So you an phone app or such for microscope

Saturday, 30 May, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home