The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, July 10, 2020

Rain!

For the first time in probably almost 4 weeks.... we had RAIN!!!!!  Yeah! 

It was still very warm this morning when I headed out for my "Sasquatch" style shirtless run at 5:30am (I overslept).  It was wonderfully refreshing to see dark, dense clouds roll in and obscure the sunlight.  The rain did not start until I was at mile 7 (of my 8.1 miles)..... but it was a beautiful downpour!  It was so very pleasant to be running in the rain!  Even though I was "Sasquatch" shirtless.... I always wear a baseball cap when I run to either block the sun or to shield my glasses a bit from rain.  Having the rain drench me and drip from the brim of the cap..... so wonderful and so refreshing!!!!!!!

*  *  *  *  *

The rain was also sufficient enough to not have to water the garden today!

*  *  *  *  *

As soon as I can feel comfortable having enough class preparation work done for the day, I plan to practice "Watermelon Man" on the alto sax this afternoon.  I have an electronic backing track that I playing with at the moment.  I *might* also transpose and try it on the tenor sax as well.... but it is really a piece that seems better suited for the alto. 

*  *  *  *  * 

The cloudy rainy day also brings back memories of the pleasures of smoking my pipe out on the back porch during a rainstorm.  I was thinking about this last night.... I guess I should not be surprised that so many things I do and experience in my day-to-day life remind me of different times with smoking my pipes.  I mean, hell, with so many decades of my being a pipe smoker, I guess I likely can associate the avocation's beauty and charm with just about anything I do! :) 

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

We will *probably* get rain tomorrow. It is past time.

Friday, 10 July, 2020  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

We also had rain this morning and it smell so fresh.

Saturday, 11 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home