The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, July 05, 2020

Mass Thoughts


In Mass today (watching via streaming, still unfortunately, for safety) it was stated...

"Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me..."


 Sometimes it is easy to get resentful at work and labor.  Sometimes it can feel unfair and unjust.  I have felt that, not about my actual teaching and research work itself (which I enjoy), but more about the ancillary bologna that often gets tied to the good stuff.  But, the above helps to remind me that I should be more accepting, for work is what we need to do (both the good and bad) to help us to be good people for each other and for society.  I fail at keeping that spirit in my mind and thoughts many days.... and that is wrong of me to do.  I need to try to be better.

My wife has been having a rough emotional span during the last few days.  It is difficult because when she is feeling angry emotionally, she tends to not want to discuss things related to how she feels, but instead tends to stay quiet except when she will verbally lash out at everyone.  This is not successful for her because she will often do this to the person (people) she is angry at but also at other folks as well.  It is challenging, for I have received a bit of her ire lately, even though I am not the person she is upset at currently.  Hopefully she will begin to feel better soon.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

That sounds like an issue with the Mrs. I think we all do what she does to some extent, but if it's all the time and she doesn't want to discuss it, what can you do? I thought about giving my wife a back rub without trying to weasel in sex afterwards, but then I got tired and didn't do it. Maybe do something like that?

Monday, 06 July, 2020  
Blogger Geo. said...

Excellent and thought-provoking post, Prof. I believe that quote comes from somewhere deep in Matthew. Always reminded me of the (Emma Lazarus) poem on our Statue of Liberty. French call her Marianne --I imagine she lashes out sometimes too.

Tuesday, 07 July, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home