The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, August 06, 2020

Onto the New Blogger Dashboard


Ok, it now looks like I have been "converted" to use the new Blogger formatting and posting system.  My attempt today will be to simply try to navigate and post successfully. 

In this first attempt, I can write about some of my findings, and pose a few questions:

1.  Initially, although the "look" of the dashboard has changed, my first impression is that it *appears* that everything I typically use is present. 

2.  It seems, at least on the dashboard, when I post an image, the image is left justified.... even if I select center justification.  Perhaps when published it will appear as usual. 

3.  I have not noticed a "return to Classic Blogger" button anywhere yet, but others have seen and used it.  If I do run into troubles, I guess I can continue to look for that feature. 

*  *  *   *   *

So, if this does post successfully...... (remember, I said IF.... I will not know until I go look at the post later)... then, at least for the way I use Blogger, it seems that the new dashboard is "ok" and "sufficient".

If this new dashboard *is* only ok and sufficient, I do not really understand why Blogger (Google) made the change.  If anyone knows, please do explain it to me.  I have heard some suggestion that in some fashion this new dashboard will allow Google to earn money from blog posts, but I am not really understanding how, and if that is true or just heresy.

Even though there may be a variety of reasons Google has changed the dashboard.... some perhaps good, some perhaps a bit nefarious (Again, I have no real knowledge of the "why" here, and would appreciate anyone's opinions on the matter.).... the ONE thing that I *do* consider GOOD about this change is that Google is putting at least SOME effort into BLOGGER.  I had been fearful that when they acquired Blogger that they were going to orphan it into oblivion.  This worry was exacerbated when they quit updating the Phone App for Blogger and it DID sink into the abyss.  So, some effort here on the dashboard by Google seems to be a hopeful sign that they plan to continue it as a realm. 

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Hmm. Ok, here is my first attempt to comment on the blog. Some observations:

1. On the computer all appears normal in this post.

2. On the phone, the image appears left justified, just like it did in the dashboard.

3. If this comment publishes successfully, then it appears that the change was not OVERLY difficult.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the RELATIVE ease of this transition was not a pipe dream.

PipeTobacco

Thursday, 06 August, 2020  
Blogger Dr. Kenneth Noisewater said...

So far so good it seems! Thanks for the reporting. It looks like you've been on blogger about as long as me! I think I'm using the new format, but I'm not sure . . .

Thursday, 06 August, 2020  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Except for the look and feel, I don't see much different. The basics work the same for me.

Friday, 07 August, 2020  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home