The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Rough

 Nothing about my wife's results yet.  

PCS - 5

Ran 10.2 miles.  Thinking of trying to run another 2 now to try to dissipate frustration and stress.

But, it has been a difficult day for me.  I became focused on the particularly unkind person who hurt me.  I went into the U early, to get a few things done, and had plans to scoot back home to cyborg there by late morning as I had no meetings or other items on my agenda after I finished with my morning rodent work.  So, it was late morning, and I was was getting ready to head out, and unfortunately I happened to cross paths with this person.  She was just being her "normal" self as I was leaving, but her "normal" just really rubbed me the wrong way... she just oozes "snarky" attitude a lot of the time.... and the other times.... she seems to ooze a very fake "sincerity".  As I was leaving, I heard her talk to a student she was working with about "how she [the nasty woman] worked around the system" which is her basic pattern to get what she wants.  She is perpetually finagling things to try to have EVERYTHING just the ways SHE wants it.... and does not give a royal damn about anyone else.    Her speaking of working around the system just made my blood boil. I think that sort of pushy, obnoxious, trod on anyone who is in your way attitude... is just utter crap.

And, even after I went home, I had a hard time shaking the feelings of frustration and anger toward her today.  So much for my Lenten vow.  I will have to keep trying.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Sometimes, you just have to let it out, and you just did.

I have been seeing ads for caps on FB, which includes mine -- the one you liked. I don't know if you'll see the same thing, but I'll link the page anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/WeaversofIreland/

Thursday, 13 May, 2021  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

It's sad for her as well if that's the way she sees life, but it must be infuriating to hear her boast about getting round the system. Hope the frustration was successfully dissipated by the later run.

Friday, 14 May, 2021  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

And hope your wife gets her results soon. Make sure she phones! It's no good the doctor saying no news is good news when you want confirmation.

Friday, 14 May, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home