The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, May 03, 2021

Long Day, Shorter Post

 A busy, hard, and exhausting day:

  • Ran my 9 miles in the rain at 5:30am
  • Dried off and changed clothes and started cyboring grading papers and assignments
  • Spent all day cyborging the grading of papers and assignments
  • My wife called me around noon and was in a really difficult emotional mood.  She was angry at her sister (on the surface) but was actually more angry at herself.  It was difficult trying to figure out how to help, but not have her feel even more emotional.
  • More cyborging the grading of papers and assignments.
  • My wife is now at an early evening doctor's appointment. She is nervous about the visit as am I.  
  • Not sure if we are going to have band practice or not.  It is wet and we have to practice outside.  It is also colder too.  But, I have not heard of it being cancelled yet.  
  • My Pipe Craving Score (PCS) is at a higher than desired "8".... both for its soothing comfort, but also from nervousness and also my headache from cyborging all day.  
PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

It seems like a very stressful day between work, family, others' emotions and your own. I hope your wife's appointment went OK and that the nervousness was assuaged.

Monday, 03 May, 2021  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Life is pretty stressful. I hope things slow down for you.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Monday, 03 May, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You must be getting close to a little break in your teaching.

Tuesday, 04 May, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home