The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, July 05, 2021

Tiny Post

 Not a whole helluva lot to say at the moment:


1.  Had three meetings (online) with students who want to work with me in my lab as research students.  They are enthusiastic and should be fun on two new studies I am planning. 


2.  I did get a new pair of running shoes..... and broke them in with their virginal run this morning of 14.1 miles (~23km) so that I could have my July 1/2 Marathon Run out of the way.  I forced myself out of bed and was on the trail at 5:03 am.  It was 73 degrees F (~23 degrees C) and with temperatures rising to 94 degrees F (~34.5 degrees C) before 11am, I knew that I had to start early in order to avoid the heat.  


3.  PCS - hard to pin a number to it today...... I am not feeling a longing nor a yearning to smoke my pipes..... but I am feeling a VERY PROFOUNDLY strong EXCITEMENT about the idea OF smoking my pipes.  Not sure if that makes sense.  It is a kind of new and different feeling..... no yearning, no sense of longing nor loss...... but just a pure happiness and excitement about the idea of smoking.  I am not sure what this really means.  It is kind of odd as a feeling for me.  I am just going to ride this “wave” and try to better understand what it means for me.  I find it perplexing.  


4.  Harvested a HUGE amount of Swiss Chard yesterday and am planning to make a cold chickpea & chard salad I can have as a side throughout the week with dinner.  My wife is not fond of chard (she used to pretend to like it, but does not like it’s Earthy flavor) so I will get it all to myself.  :)


PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Had a hard time finding chard, found some today and hope to get it planted soon.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Monday, 05 July, 2021  
Blogger Margaret said...

To my knowledge I've never had chard. What did you decide about the running shoes brand? The new pipe excitement seems more dangerous than the longing.

Monday, 05 July, 2021  
Blogger Unknown said...

Maybe the "new and different feeling" you describe is the abatement of old fears? I'm sure your priest-friends would encourage you to act not from fear but from your own values and sense of identity. Maybe that's what you are experiencing?

Tuesday, 06 July, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Your tiny posts aren't all that tiny. And that is fine. :)

Tuesday, 06 July, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home