The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, September 06, 2021

Labor Day - 25 km

Longer post tomorrow.  But, I forced myself to accomplish something new for me today:

I ran the longest continual run I have ever done.  It seemed appropriate to do so on Labor Day.  I ran 25 km (15.5 miles) this morning.  This allowed me to complete my September “Half Marathon” (meaning I would run at least 13.1 miles).  Adding the extra 2.4 miles allowed me to run a distance I have never ran before.  

I am a bit tired and sore, but I am glad I forced myself to do this.  

PipeTobacco 

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

Impressive, Professor! I hope you have a favored remedy for sore muscles and tired bones. Maybe something involving a nice single-malt Scotch? Be proud of yourself for an accomplishment that many if not most of your readers couldn't manage.

Monday, 06 September, 2021  
Blogger Margaret said...

I am impressed. I couldn't run that far on my best day.

Monday, 06 September, 2021  
Blogger Forsythia said...

Congratulations on the longer run.

Tuesday, 07 September, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home