The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, August 20, 2021

Numb

Yesterday, I received a phone call in late morning from the wife of my oldest friend in the Department.  He was hired two years after me.  He had passed away in his sleep during the night. His office is next door to mine.

I just do not understand life anymore. 

I ran my damn 10 miles this morning.

I feel dead emotionally inside.  

PipeTobacco

9 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I'm terribly sorry. This hits very close to home and must be a huge shock. You've been dealing with so much already, and now this.

Friday, 20 August, 2021  
Blogger Pat M. said...

You are in a lot of people's thoughts and prayers, Professor! Life is full of losses and pains we can't yet understand, but if nothing else they remind me that every day is precious. Maybe the thought of what you'll soon be sharing with another semester of students can give you a little uplift and energy to move along. As if 10 miles a day isn't already a pretty darn impressive example of moving along. Take care of yourself, kind sir!

Friday, 20 August, 2021  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Another blow when you're already in a difficult place. Hang in there.

Saturday, 21 August, 2021  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Oh my, Professor, life really has it in for you at the moment. Thoughts and prayers for you today.
Do you have someone you can talk to? I say this as only recently having appreciate how helpful it is to talk to someone else.

Saturday, 21 August, 2021  
Blogger GaP said...

Professor...

You are a sensitive soul, Professor...which is a beautiful trait...but it also costs you a lot. All I can say is this, Professor. Do not give up. I'm very glad that you're out there, brave enough to record your thoughts and feelings. Your presence means a lot to many people. You MATTER. please try to remember that.

Saturday, 21 August, 2021  
Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

oh Pipe...that is such sad news...

Saturday, 21 August, 2021  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Sorry.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Sunday, 22 August, 2021  
Blogger Forsythia said...

I am so sorry.

Tuesday, 24 August, 2021  
Blogger GaP said...

How are you doing, Professor?

Sunday, 29 August, 2021  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home