The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, January 21, 2022

Exhausted

Other than giving a 1.5 hour talk and then a tour to prospective students and parents (senior high school students interested in biology), I worked like a very diligent worker bee from morning to now on class preparation materials.  Even though I have taught all these classes before, the two sticking points are 1) in one of my lab classes I am completely revamping their semester long research project, and in another class…. I had last taught this course BEFORE the pandemic…… so I have a helluva lot of work making this entire course appropriately “Covid Friendly” which means I have to develop duplications of all things in a format that students who have Covid can still access during their quarantine and recovery.  

My head feels mushy and unfocused from thought fatigue.  On the drive home I was wanting to have a couple of beers and a few pipes…… like in the olden days when I could go at the end of a laborious week to visit my father-in-law and….. just relax and enjoy his company.  But, that is sadly no more.  

I ran 11 miles this morning starting at 4:50 am.  Only 3 more miles to run to hit this week’s target.

PipeTobacco 

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Only three more! You've done well. I miss those olden days too, pre-covid and when my late husband and father were still around to share a beer and conversation with.

Friday, 21 January, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hopefully, we will be in a much better place by the end of this year. Surely.

Saturday, 22 January, 2022  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I'm sure you will hit your running target.
Coffee is on and stay safe

Saturday, 22 January, 2022  
Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Covid has made everything more complicated.

PipeTobacco, thanks for volunteering to read my manuscript. No real deadline, so whenever you can. If you send me your email address I'll get the link to you.
liz dot hinds at btinternet dot com

Sunday, 23 January, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home