The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, January 17, 2022

Movie


 

With today being the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday, the U is closed.  I have been working from
home.  

The treadmill has been holding up well!  I *DID* force myself to make up the miles on Friday and Saturday so that I *DID* have 55 miles done by the end of Saturday evening, so I was able to take Sunday off from running and also stay on track with my goal.

I ran 12 miles this  morning, and watched the Capuchin Mass from Sunday while doing so.  It was and is always a joy to do so, even though I watch it a day late.  It was nice hearing another Homily about the readings, as I was the Lector at Mass this weekend, and sometimes in my nervousness to read clearly, loudly, and carefully with strong enunciation, I am not paying as strict attention to the merit/intent of what I should be hearing.  So, it was nice hearing the Lector read to me, and of course the Priest's Homily was helpful, focusing on the second reading about the "gifts" we are given, and how our call is to share them.

I am going to be a bit risky today, and  my wife and I are heading to an early afternoon movie.  We will both be wearing our N95s, so we are hoping it will be safe.  And, the early afternoon movies are usually not very busy.  In previous years, pre-Covid, we would sometimes be the only people in the theater.  We are hoping for that luck today.  We picked out a movie we both are excited to see.... but one that is at the tail end of it showing in theaters (also likely to help it not be heavily attended).  We are going to watch Spielberg's version of "West Side Story".  

PipeTobacco

8 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

That's been getting great reviews. Do let us know what you think.

Monday, 17 January, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

I've heard great things about that film! Hope you enjoy it. Glad that you caught up on your miles. I have great difficulty absorbing material if I'm reading it out loud.

Monday, 17 January, 2022  
Blogger John Going Gently said...

I loved the film
Looking forward to your review

Monday, 17 January, 2022  
Blogger Pam J. said...

Looking forward to your review.

Monday, 17 January, 2022  
Blogger The Blog Fodder said...

Hope you enjoyed the movie.
I saw West Side Story live in Ukrainian. I could sing the words to myself in English.

Tuesday, 18 January, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You’re brave to go to the movies. We won’t even do family dinners this week. We want to see how back to school goes first. But they are in their second snow day, so this week’s evidence will be small.

Tuesday, 18 January, 2022  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Not brave….. just a bit resigned. I have to teach every day, and I have already had 10 students leave and come back after only five days quarantined (stupid CDC) from testing positive. Fortunately there were on two others in the theater at the early time we went, and we both had our N95 firmly planted on our faces the whole time (like I do during all my lectures).

PipeTobacco

Tuesday, 18 January, 2022  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

On = only

Tuesday, 18 January, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home