The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, April 29, 2022

I Returned to Consistency!


 

 After a few weeks of struggling to get in my 55 miles (~89km) each week, I now for the first week in the last several, completed all 55 damn miles (~89 damn kilometers) in the way I wanted to!  I am finished for the week and it is Friday morning!  Yeah!

Now, for the last few weeks, since my treadmill went belly-up, I have been struggling and fussing to try to get in ~11miles on each weekday.  I rarely met the ~11 mile goal more than once or twice a week during the last several weeks.  This would mean I would have to devote time on Saturday and sometimes Sunday to play "catch-up" so that I could hit 55 miles before the week ended (my gizmo watch records the week as beginning on Monday, and that is how I have also been logging miles in my logbook as well).  

But, I feel good that I found a way to get to 11 miles or more each and every weekday this week!!!!!!  I feel like I have been able to wrangle myself back into the consistency I had been maintaining for such a long time, prior to the damn treadmill failing.  

Maybe, with this accomplishment, I will be able to find a bit of time this weekend to dismantle the errant beast and see if there some potential way that I can repair it and have it available again for rough days?  It would be good if I could figure out a way to fix it.  

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

That 55 mile a week goal is amazing to me. My shins and knees couldn't take it.

Friday, 29 April, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

As Margaret writes, what you accomplish is rather amazing. My knees gave out at 30. When I say gave out, I mean running hurt them.

Saturday, 30 April, 2022  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I feel lucky for a walk
Coffee is on and stay safe

Saturday, 30 April, 2022  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

For me around here 55 miles if I ran north I would be Canada,
Coffee is on and stay safe

Sunday, 01 May, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home