The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, April 18, 2022

Ok, Enough


 

Bulleted List Time:

  • I ran 11 miles (~18 km) this morning, outside starting at 4:45am, because I am going to be damn dogged determined to NOT fall behind the goals this week, so Saturday can be easier.
 
  • I have been inside all day, busy at work and lecture and lab.  Today I am in rooms with no windows.  Much to my chagrin, I come out of the rooms I have been working in and glance out a nearby window, and what do I see........ a flurry of HUGE snowflakes.  (I am so very much tired of Winter.)
 
  • I am going to take home a huge stack of papers to try to continue to grade.  It does not sound fun in any way, shape, or form.  But, I think if I try to work through at least some of them tonight, I will feel a lot less stress.  
 
  • I feel extremely hungry right now.  
 
  • I feel BEYOND extremely desiring of a pipe right now.  After I returned to my office after my last lecture, I sat quietly at my desk, held my Peterson pipe (which I mentioned I have been carrying around in my jacket pocket a few days), and gave myself permission to daydream for 10 minutes (I put on a timer.).
 
  • For my daydream, I closed my eyes, and quietly both remembered and imagined I was smoking a bowlful of simple, yet potent, vanilla-tinctured burley leaf.  It was utterly beautiful to be in my memory and imagination in that way.  When I can do it well, I can almost TASTE the flavors and FEEL the power the beautiful leaf provides me.  I was salivating like I was one of Pavlov's dogs by the end of the 10 minutes.  Do not worry, I did not drool.... I kept my mouth shut. 
 
  • I wish I could get my memories of my dreams to return.  It has been so damn many months since I recall a dream.  In some of my dreams, it truly did feel like I was smoking my pipes.  

 

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your discipline is remarkable and praiseworthy, Professor!

Perhaps, when you're done grading those papers, you can reward yourself with another 10 minutes of enraptured daydreaming about your pipes. And one of these days, perhaps you'll make those dreams a reality!

Monday, 18 April, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

That daydream sounds almost as good as the real thing! Grading papers, I don't miss that at all.

Monday, 18 April, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It is snowing here tis morning. 🥸😡

Tuesday, 19 April, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home