The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, May 02, 2022

1/2


 

I ran my May 1/2 Marathon run for the month this morning.  I actually ran 13.3 miles (~21.5 km).  I am glad to have gotten that run out of the way for the month.  It has given me a bit of a jump start in terms of reaching my weekly goal.  

I have been busy with all sorts of grading for the end of the semester.  My head is spinning with numbers.  

I am wearing an ancient sweatshirt from my graduate school days today while I work in my office.  It is only one of two that I have left from those years, several decades ago.  But it is enjoyable to wear, even though it is a bit big and baggy on my now. 

I am taking this as an improvement, although it is not yet where I want to be.... but I did recall a very small snippet of a dream this morning.  It seemed to be only a few seconds worth of time, but in the dream, I was perhaps around roughly 30 years old (my beard and mustache were dark brown mostly), and I was sitting on the ground, outside somewhere (could not discern where) smoking my pipe.  Not much else in that snippet of a dream, other than I was wearing a worn, dark blue, button down shirt.

But, I am going to think of this as the grand start of me recalling my dreams.... or at least I sure hope so.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

At least this seems to be a sign that your memory is not suppressing nightmares, and that you may in your sleep be finding some of the peace and contentment that isn't always so easy to obtain during your hours awake. I'll join you in hoping that you remember many more such dreams, and that maybe you will before too long make those dreams your reality!

Monday, 02 May, 2022  
Blogger Margaret said...

Great job on the 1/2 marathon. In my more dedicated running days, I wanted to run one but never made the time to train. Now it would kill me!

Monday, 02 May, 2022  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Ahh, so you are also younger in your dreams.

I did post a few days ago in response to your question about double exposures. Not that you need to go back and look for it in your busyness, but I thought I would let you know. Or maybe you saw it. I can’t remember for sure now.

Tuesday, 03 May, 2022  
Blogger Pam J. said...

Many congrats on the dream memory! I love my dreams and remember big pieces of them daily. I'm retired after 40+ yrs of office work and many if not most of my dreams are about my work life. I dream about a project that is making life stressful, or at least is super annoying, with a fast-approaching deadline. Real people -- former coworkers, family, friends, some random acquaintance from my past -- are there. That, if nothing else, is why I love my dreams. I feel so much like I've *gone away* for the night.

My opinion on your pipe smoking is to go ahead and do it. Try for moderation and if you can't manage, you can always stop again. You've proved you have the discipline to stop, and your goals are worthy (better health). But come on..life is short. You sound so blissful when describing the feeling it brings you. I personally couldn't resist trying. My 2 cents.

Tuesday, 03 May, 2022  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home