The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, May 25, 2023

Mega

 

Hah..... it is only a true pipe dream that the image above represents.  I have NOT won the "Mega Millions" lottery.  I would like to do so, of course.... but I do not typically gamble.  I perhaps buy a random "Mega Millions" ticket once or twice a year.... so I have a stimulus to "dream big".  

My "mega" is in reference to my being "mega-tired".  It was a very "professorial voice" heavy day.  And, six of the nine hours happened to be in a room where my "professorial voice" speaking had to be extra-ordinarily loud.... because the U was fussing around with some aspect of the heating and cooling system in the building I was teaching in.... and the room I was in was continually filled with a VERY LOUD wind noise from the ducts in the floor and ceiling during the entire time. So, in order to be heard..... I had to talk LOUDER and more animated...... so students could "get" and hopefully understand what I was talking about.  

The other three hours were in one of the big lecture halls.... so I have to be especially "big voiced" there too..... to fill the hall.  So, my voice is damn tuckered out.  

It would be extremely wonderful, terrifically lovely, and just such a "throw back" to the wonderful days of yore, those wonderful, earlier times.... for me to have an ice cold beer (or two) and a pipe (or two or three) after the amount of effort I have performed on the various professorial stages I "pontificated" from very loudly today.  

But, of course, sadly.... that is not my current modus operandi. 

* * * * *

  • I was able to get 8 miles in this morning.  I was glad for at least that amount.  It was hard getting my feet on the ground this morning.  I wanted to sleep.
  • Tomorrow will likely be me spending time working on a laboratory practical examination I need to develop.
  • Other than the above, I am just my boring, robot-self. 
PipeTobacco 

   

2 Comments:

Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

I haven't won it either.
Coffee is on, and stay safe.

Thursday, 25 May, 2023  
Blogger Margaret said...

I don't buy any lottery tickets. Some of us are just meant to slog along and find ways to make ends meet. I'm much more fortunate than many people in retirement and am grateful for my blessings. Hope your voice gets a rest!

Thursday, 25 May, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home