The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, November 03, 2023

A Glass of Wine

 So very pleasant is a glass of wine following a hellacious, foul week at work.   I am sipping on a glass of blueberry wine a friend from band gave me a bottle of roughly a year ago.  He made it from blueberries he had picked.  

It’s delightful flavors and neural quelling have me hankering deeply for a pipe to complete the available rhapsody of the adventure.  Yet, ever stalwart, I shall (I think) refrain…. at least this evening. 

Unless I break my fast of the pipe, my wife and I will simply watch television amicably this evening to start the glory of the unencumbered weekend!!!!! 

PipeTobacco 

5 Comments:

Blogger Liz Hinds said...

Enjoy a relaxing weekend with your wife.

Saturday, 04 November, 2023  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hats off for the phrase, "the glory of the unencumbered weekend."

Saturday, 04 November, 2023  
Blogger Pat M. said...

Professor, I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy a relaxing Friday evening, free of encumbrances. You may not have ended your pipe fast last night, but whenever you do return to your pipes I trust it will be to enhance a happy time, and not be just a reaction to negativity and stress. Sure, your pipes are also a palliative against life's troubles, but at their best they can also enhance your life's joys in a remarkable way. I hope you enjoy a happy weekend!

Saturday, 04 November, 2023  
Blogger Margaret said...

So happy that you're relaxing with a glass of wine, although I don't like wine. I do love blueberries though!

Saturday, 04 November, 2023  
Blogger GaP said...

Enjoy, Professor. You deserve it.

Monday, 06 November, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home