The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Generally

 … a middling day.  Keeping quiet and tight lipped regarding that individual which I do not mention here any longer is the current best policy at home also to keep the day from decaying at home, although there are rumblings from said. 

Went to Thanksgiving Eve evening Mass.  

Ran 12 miles. 

Made two pies for Tomorrow’s festivities….. a traditional pumpkin and a pumpkin raisin pie.  We also have a store bought apple pie just in case.  And my SIL is baking a “Lemon-Apple” pie and making a “Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake” that she will bring tomorrow.

I miss the “pipeiness” of the preparing for a holiday.  It was always such a part and parcel of the process for me as I cooked, cleaned, and thought of creative ways to modify SOME recipes (my wife would limit me to TWO) “creative modifications” per event.  This far, my raisin pumpkin pie is #1.  Not really as creative perhaps if I had had nourishment from my pipes.

PipeTobacco 


2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Raisin and pumpkin pie> You need a pipe -- right now! 😁

Thursday, 23 November, 2023  
Blogger Margaret said...

I've never heard of pumpkin raisin pie but I would certainly make a dent in that pumpkin spice cheesecake, although I would prefer a pecan pie cheesecake; I've seen recipes for one and I drool every time. There could be some drama at my family Thanksgiving, but I'm hoping not. I wish the same for you, dear PT! Bon Appetit!

Thursday, 23 November, 2023  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home