The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, February 06, 2024

ChAoS

Well, it seems that CHAOS rules the day.  I thought I had a great system worked out on how to deal with jury duty service, but my jurisdiction decided to throw an unexpected monkey wrench into the gearbox to further complicate matters. 

Today I am on what they call "Standown".  This means that I MIGHT need to report.... but.... I might not, and will not know until I call in to them at NOON today to see if I am required to report in at 1:00pm.  

This adds additional uncertainty to the day.  I now have to go teach my morning class.  My late morning, and early afternoon class has an EXAM which I will at least go and START.  I have had to wrangle a very kind friend to be potentially available to FINISH proctoring the exam if necessary (because I would have to scoot out before the class is finished), and I have to also notify my afternoon class.... AFTER I call in at noon on whether I will be there or not.

Days like these would be enough to drive a man to drink.  But, in my case, it would be more akin to driving me to PIPE.  And, it sure sounds like a pipeful of strong burley would be nourishing and quieting to my soul at the moment.  

I pounded out 12.5 miles (~20km) this morning.  

Wish me luck.

PipeTobacco

 
 

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

This is a nutty way to handle things, PT. I don't know what state you're in but they need to treat their potential jurors better.

Tuesday, 06 February, 2024  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a system, or lack of.

Wednesday, 07 February, 2024  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home