The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Yes....

 


 

The grant I wrote a while back..... I was just notified that it was fully funded!  That pleases me. 

This should set up much of my research work for at least two years.  So, this is quite good news.  Less scrambling about for smaller grants.  

  • I forgot to mention, that I DID run my usual 10 miles yesterday (~16 km).  This morning, I ran 11.3 miles (~18 km).  
  • It has been just a smidge above freezing for at least a small part of the day the last couple of days.  Temperatures at or even just a hint above freezing are SO MUCH more comfortable than what we had last week which was near zero (F) (~ -18C) and wind chills worse than that.   This week is feeling veritably "balmy".  I even had a few students wearing shorts in class.  

I would like to have a pipe and a beer this Friday to celebrate my grant, especially if I could talk with my FIL.  But, I will have to settle for the beer.  Hah, that is..... unless perhaps IF I allow myself to have 2-3 beers this Friday... it my loosen up my resolve enough that I might say "to hell with it" and have a pipe anyway.   

I leave you with a quiz.... I wonder if anyone will correctly figure out the association of the image I used on my entry today. There IS a logical (albeit a bit convoluted) reason.... I guarentee.  I would be tickled if someone DOES figure it out though. 

5 Comments:

Blogger Pat M. said...

Professor, since that's a photo of Archie Leach atop your post, are you implying that you will soon be "leeching" off your new funding source? I'll grant you, that may be a stretch, but carrying it to its logical conclusion I don't think you mean it as a reference to "Every Girl Should Be Married" -- the film for which the publicity photo of that actor was taken.

Wednesday, 24 January, 2024  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Hah! That was very fun!

Wednesday, 24 January, 2024  
Blogger Margaret said...

I can only figure out the obvious from the picture. I do love Pat's comment! Congratulations on the grant and whew. A celebratory beer and pipe sound justified to me.

Wednesday, 24 January, 2024  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I don't take you puzzle for granted.

But I do congratulate you as you carry (ahem) on for two years.

Wednesday, 24 January, 2024  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Haha! :)

Wednesday, 24 January, 2024  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home