The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, March 05, 2024

Practice & Practice


 

Running was nice this morning.

Today will be a day of tremendous practice with my students.  I am hoping each team is prepared enough to do a good job with only needing polishing for their talks.  But, it is possible that the one group may still be unfocused, which may mean today will be a long day.  

I think my wife and I will go to a restaurant to eat tonight.  It is likely we will go to a place in our region that is a primarily "Chinese" place, but it has a bit of diversity straying into other cuisines as well.  The hallmark of this place (for me) is not the prepared dishes, but the option they also have of creating a dish of your own choosing using a pseudo Teppanyaki style of cooking.  At this place, fortunately (for me), the actual perpetration occurs behind a glass wall at one side of the restaurant to limit the heavy frying odor that many choose and use a lot of oil (not my favorite odor).  

The true hallmarks, however, are that you have a "salad bar" style arrangement to pick your vegetables, meats, noodles, spices, etc for this Teppanyaki style.... and you simply bring a plate of what you would like them to prepare for you.  

In my own case and style, I typically choose every vegetable available.... zucchini, onions, bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, cabbage, mushrooms, water chestnuts, and more, and then add spices of your choosing.  I typically have a very heavy dose of Indian curry, pepper, and a bit of chili (my wife always chooses traditional Chinese spices, meats and noodles in her version).  I forgo noodles and meats, and have been very successful in having them prepare my dish sans oil, by asking them very nicely to add "no oil" whatsoever.  It is wonderfully tasty.

With it I usually have a monster sized salad.  Additionally, I get a side of rice and they have a "sushi" bar as well, and there I typically get 4-6 pieces of fresh spring rolls (not fried), 4-6 pieces of sushi often with a bit of crab, and one piece of some fancier sushi I have not tried before.  Plus, lots of wasabi and ginger on the side.  

I hope it will be a fruitful day... and a nice evening with my wife.

The potential pipe day is only a few days away.  Keeping fingers crossed.

PipeTobacco  

3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I would have no idea what spices to choose but I love your veggies, except green pepper. I've never been a fan of peppers. Hope the student practice goes well!

Tuesday, 05 March, 2024  
Blogger peppylady (Dora) said...

Enjoy your dinner with your wife.

Tuesday, 05 March, 2024  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope it was as good as you envisioned.

Wednesday, 06 March, 2024  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home