The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, June 06, 2024

Wait

 Because I was a last minute “sub” my flight is different from the other fellow. It is kind of nice being alone and a “nobody” at the airport.  Idle chit-chat is not my forte.  I  am now safely through TSA and am awaiting the time to board the plane.  Because I have had a bit of a feeling of “largess” this afternoon…. I have treated myself to a Two Hearted IPA as I await boarding.  Not a normal thing for me to do at the airport, but I thought, “What the hell? Live it up!”  I just imbibed a generous mouthful of the delightful elixir, and its intense “hoppiness” came through exquisitely.  So, so pleasant a flavor.  

With my teaching all day up until this point, I could not yet investigate Iwan Ries options. BUT, I have thought of a potential plan that MAY be feasible.  When I get to the conference tonight, I will try to investigate further.  

I ran a relatively decent 8 miles this morning.  It is hard getting even that in when I have to be at the U ahead of an 8:00am classroom start.  So, I am “ok” with those meager miles.  My earlier, longer runs will hopefully allow me to accomplish my weekly goal of 50 after I run tomorrow and possibly Saturday if needed.  

PipeTobacco


3 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Bon Voyage! It sounds like the trip is starting out well and that you're working on some pipish plans. :)

Thursday, 06 June, 2024  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Hoppy trails to you.

Friday, 07 June, 2024  
Blogger Pam J. said...

I applaud your airport imbibing! I've pegged you as a tightly wound person, maybe even a Type A person (if that term is still considered viable), who benefits from allowing yourself small indulgences -- like a modest drink or pipe. Enjoy the trip. You need the break.

Friday, 07 June, 2024  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home