A Lot
There are MANY different thoughts I have been having about retirement. I have been trying to sort them out in my mind to try to write about what I am thinking (it helps me to get it on “paper”). I have, however, not yet gotten a “gelled” enough focus to really write in any sort of coherent way.
I am seeing that there are many positives and many negatives in looking at the reality of retirement. There are many things I need to think about.
My prior reality was basically to have frivolous “dreams” of what retirement could be, but truthfully, in many ways I have never seriously thought any of it through….. mostly believing it would not be able to happen and that I would work until I die.
But, now, I need to do some rather serious thinking.
The Retiree’s Group was pleasant and fun, but it did divert my attentions away from any coalescing of thoughts….. not sure if that was intentional on my part, or just circumstance.
PipeTobacco



4 Comments:
My thoughts of retirement have morphed and changed so much since I officially retired in 2018 ….i now work 32 hours a week in two jobs
As a retiree, I would think that getting to the retirees group would be easier. 😁😇
Ditto. Morphing and changing since retirement at age 60. Currently settled into two parttime jobs for a total of 20 hrs a week. One paid, one volunteer. Retirement is a chance at a second life. Actually, a third life if you have and are close to a grandchild. They give you a true second life.
Your prior commenters have very wise words. Retirement is VERY customizable to your desired levels of activity, part-time work, volunteering, etc. It's not a one size fits all!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home