The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, September 21, 2026

Monday Thoughts

Surprisingly, my vehicle was ready  Friday afternoon!  I actually enjoyed, however, the carpooling with my beloved wife, even with the occasional inconveniences in each of our schedules.  We both feel that way.... and are hoping to try to establish a couple of days each week where we carpool.  That may be easier said, than done however, do the variances of both of our schedules.  But, I hope we can do so.

I am not excited about the work week.  But, I shall carry on. I do not have many thoughts at the moment.... or at least no (at least partially to me) interesting thoughts.  I ran.  I thought about pipes.  I am just pushing through the day.  I will go to rehearsal.  

I just feel tired.  Even though I tried not to, I ended up spending quite a bit of time thinking about the kid I do not talk about here anymore.  So much of it makes me hurt, sad, and angry.  But there is nothing I can really think of to do.  The "ball" is not in my court at the moment.  I will say, however, that while love is permanent, trust is not.... trust is earned and needs to be maintained.  When love exists but trust is lost.... it is a damn hard situation.

I would have been better off yesterday (and probably this morning) if I could have figured out how to NOT think about things.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I'm with you 100% with the love but not trust. And also not liking many of the events and activities associated with a struggling child. I enjoyed riding in the car with my daughters before they could drive; because we were "trapped" together, we ended up having great conversations to pass the time.

Monday, 21 September, 2026  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I hope the day went well. Not sure why I didn’t check blogs more yesterday. I think I checked early before most were posted. Now I have a bunch today.

Tuesday, 22 September, 2026  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home