The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, September 14, 2026

New Work Week


My vehicle is getting some repair work accomplished, and this means my wife and I are sharing and carpooling probably all of this week (it is a bit of a time consuming repair).  The loss of my vehicle for this time should not be a horrendous issue, but I do admit that I feel a bit out-of-sorts with the fact that both of us are needing to adjust schedules some to accommodate this situation.  But, we will work through things.  For me and for my wife, the biggest adjustments are associated with our morning routines.  In my wife's work, she has very early Wednesdays and Thursdays, whereas I have a very consistent morning time line for my courses at the U.

So, in the mornings this impacts my wife on Monday & Tuesday where she will need a significantly earlier start time to her day on those two days.  And, for me, it means I need to make some significant adjustments, especially regarding my running on Wednesday and Thursday so as to allow her to drop me off before her needed work arrival time.  I am going to try hard to get up EXTRA EARLY (perhaps even as early as 3:30am on both of those days if I can muster the courage to do so) so I can get my run in with enough time to get ready and meet her timing needs so she can drop me off at the U as well.

In the afternoons, the impact is more minimal.... we typically meet up to go swimming quite often or, like last week, have a meal together at the U instead of cooking.  But, this week's afternoons DO have two challenges that will need to be accommodated.... today, instead of our typical swimming, my wife has a late afternoon doctor's appointment.... so (very sadly) swimming is out of the picture (On Mondays I have early evening band practice, so sadly we cannot go later in this early evening either.).  And, on Thursday, I have the Retiree's Cigar Group.  I think the tentative plan, since my wife has her longest workday on Thursday and also a late afternoon on-line meeting.... is that I will be the "owner" of the vehicle that day, will drop her off in the morning, and when I can do so, I will head to the Retiree's Cigar Group driving her trusty steed, and then come back to get her.  

Hopefully today and all week will proceed smoothly.  

PipeTobacco

 

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I was going on about something, but I erased.

Monday, 14 September, 2026  
Blogger Pam J. said...

Now THAT made me laugh. Can't tell you how many times I "was going on about something but erased." Ha! Should be the name of a new blog for me.

Monday, 14 September, 2026  
Blogger Margaret said...

I am exhausted even reading this. It's a complex situation with only one car and two busy schedules. It sounds like you have a workable plan!

Monday, 14 September, 2026  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home