The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, September 01, 2026

Tuesday



The first couple of days in the semester are so busy laying out the "groundwork" for the courses and labs, that it is pretty much a continual effort all day on those first three days or so to get all my classes started.  It makes for a couple of tiring days.  And, with the return to "big voicing" as well..... that adds to my tiredness these couple of days.  But, usually by the end of the week I feel back up to snuff.  

I am eating my cereal as I type.  It is my usual very high fiber mixture with blueberries that has soaked for about two hours (I love soggy cereal).  An errant blueberry rolled off my spoon and then fell upon the sleeve of my lab coat, rolling down my sleeve as if it were on a roller coaster.  It was strangely captivating to watch its graceful movement.  

Band went very well last evening.  There are a variety of very interesting songs..... strangely our director chose a sort of "Halloween" style theme for our Fall series.  I will have to write more as I get more immersed into the music.  

When I went to bed last evening, I started to read the novel I have there, but I was really not focused nor into reading it.  So, instead, on my Kindle, I perused online pipe shops to entertain my mind.  As is often the case for me, I again ended up gravitating towards my favorite shaped pipe.... the 1/4 bend Dublin.  Perhaps spending quite a bit of time salivating over the beautiful pipes I would like to have and smoke was a silly and foolish idea.  It did not do anything to help quell my PCS ranking, that is for certain.  But... it did help me to feel happy as I went to sleep..... not as much as would have happened if I had indulged in a beautiful pipe.... but still a feeling of happiness did occur.

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Oh dear, soggy cereal. Tastes are so varied.

Tuesday, 01 September, 2026  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home