The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, September 28, 2026

Started But Curtailed


I tried very hard to get a post completed this morning... but I was unable to due to a plethora of EARLY interruptions.  The hallway doors to the office suite area (one set at each end)  are usually not opened until 8:00am, but, unbenounced to me, one of these sets of doors (not the one I entered from) was left open.... therefore students came in early.  So, I will try to continue and finish it tomorrow.

Various late afternoon thoughts:

  • As always, a wonderful pipe would be such a beautiful way to end the day while in my beast of burden going home.  Although I miss all my typical pipes I would enjoy through the day.... the "drive home pipe" was one of my absolute favorites.  
  • My SIL was shipped home (against my wife and my ardent suggestions).  She is now sitting around, tepidly "awaiting" physical therapy.  My wife and I fear the worse.
  • I need to skeedattle quickly if I am going to get to swim..... I have our first Fall performance of our community band to play at tonight.  And, it is an outdoor concert.... fortunately it is actually SUNNY here and around 70 degrees (~21 C).
  • My run was pleasant and needed this morning.
PipeTobacco


1 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

I would be very concerned about your SIL's situation also. Not being mobile leads to many issues and dangers. You sound busy--but with positive events!

Monday, 28 September, 2026  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home