The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, October 11, 2024

TWO New Dots

 

I have been feeling rather grumpy, tired, forlorn, and just basically forcing myself through the day lately.  It is a challenge.  I do not want it to be like this, and I know if I persevere, it will improve eventually.  But, I feel very tired.  I feel uninspired.  I feel like a sloth.  

So, some news I had missed reporting:

  • Yesterday, the vast majority of the corn/wart thing on my heel popped out as I removed the latest bandaid after having treated it with salicylic acid.   The pain was GONE!  Well, other than the muscle pain in my foot from not having walked heel-to-toe for a while.... soreness from forcing myself to do so.
Back to today:
  • So, today, I went to the foot doctor.  It was an 8:00am appointment.  I could not cancel yesterday after the corn/wart popped out without incurring a penalty since it was not a full 24 hours.  I also figured it would potentially be good for him to see it.  However, I was not enthused about telling him that I had used the salicylic acid and had not just let his little "dot" do something for the whole of the two weeks. 
  • So I told him.  He was nonplussed. He said he could see I had done so.  In his examination of the "crater" where the corn/wart was, he started to trim and I could feel his scalpel blade hit rougher, more dense edges during his trimming work, which to me suggested there was still some bits of remnant corn/wart material still. 
  • He then told me exactly that.... that it appeared that there was still a little bit left that still needed to come out.  
  • He then proceeded to apply TWO dots of his material to the spot (deep in the crater zone).  He also suggested that I could continue to use the salicylic acid, but that I should probably do so only every other day.  
  • Now that the majority of the damn thing is out, and now that the very heavy callous on my heel (from the pounding of running) has been worked through (BY THE SALICYCLIC ACID) to get out the majority of the damn thing.... now.... 6 hours after the application of the TWO dots of his material, I can actually feel it working and doing something (hopefully helpful) within the crater.  
  • The area he applied the TWO dots to now is painful again.... but in a way that I suspect is a POSITIVE sort of pain because it feels like the remnant, undesired corn/wart tissues may be dissolving.  
  • As I am supposed to wash my foot 8 hours after application of these TWO dots (I had to do this in the same way after the ONE dot from the previous appointment), I suspect I may see some positive results when I clean there.  
So, overall I am hopeful this may have been a useful visit.  I am hopeful that it may be completely gone soon.  And, with the extensive additional stretching I am now doing, I think that is helping as well.  

PipeTobacco  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home