The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Doctor Appointment

 


For the first time in a very, very long time, I decided to NOT run this morning.  

I have an issue of either a "corn" or maybe perhaps it is a "Plantar wart" on my foot (heel), and it is exceedingly uncomfortable to walk, let alone run.  It is something that I have been experiencing for a number of weeks, but have been trying to ignore and kept pushing through daily running and the extensive walking I do while lecturing and moving around campus. But, about three weeks ago, it became even more noticeable and even more uncomfortable.

It took about a week for me to figure out what the damnable health insurance at the U would cover and how they would cover it.   I then called the podiatrist my wife goes to for her feet (for her diabetes).  The first appointment I could get that would not conflict with my U duties was for tomorrow morning.  

Running yesterday was very uncomfortable.  Just walking around is uncomfortable.  I am hoping that this can be a simple procedure tomorrow where he will freeze the damn thing off and I can go on my way.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Ouch! I've had a few foot issues too and they make life (and activities) extremely difficult.

Thursday, 26 September, 2024  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Wife had something the size of a small marble on the bottom of her foot. Either it or the pain has migrated to another spot more on top of her foot.

Thursday, 26 September, 2024  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home