The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, April 17, 2004

What is life? Sometimes I truly wonder. But other times I simply decide to enjoy. There is a term for a person who lives for pleasures.... hedonist. I am not sure if I would fit the typical definition or not, for it usually insinuates a lack of sense and a lack of moral fiber... the person lives simply for seeking pleasure. But, hell, is that such a bad thing? The stereotypical hedonist is one who usually is deeply into a life of debauchery of excesses of sex, or chemicals, or monetary rewards.

But, when I am most happy, I feel like I am immersed into what I LOVE.... my family, my friends, my pipes, a good book, a few stiff drinks, hunting, fishing, outdoor activities, walking, writing, and the bedding of my wife (as often as I can convince her). I feel as if I am fully immersed into those pleasures of life, but I do not feel the stereotypical hedonist. Perhaps I am however. It is sometimes difficult to discern. I would value your opinions greatly.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home