The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Hello World:

I seem to flip-flop like a fish on shore in my ideas about the question "What is life about?" and thought I would open up a discussion about that here.

Sometimes I think of life as being simply for the seeking of contentment..... be it through all the common means..... food, a good book, a movie, bedding my wife, my pipes, with a few stiff drinks, hunting, fishing, or doing yard work.

Other times, I think that life is meant to be a time of striving to accomplish.... to create a meaningful legacy, a body of work that will last beyond my corporeal body and be available for future generations.

It is a conundrum that is hard to deal with. I feel both scenerios often, but because the mindset and energy level each requires is quite different, my flip-flopping of opinion makes me feel like a jack rabbit.... jumping to and fro, never having a clear sequential purpose or goal.

Thoughts or comments?

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home