The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

.
Hello....

I am not sure where to begin, but I can sense today is not going to be one of my favorites. I have feelings of dread and have a gloomy disposition. I truly despise days that feel like this.

I know in my mind that death is inevitable, and I of course know that the old adage "a coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero dies but once" is true... for I live the coward's life. But I live in dread about the deaths of each and every person that I love. Be it my wife or kids or siblings or elderly parents or other relatives and friends.

The adage above is true for I know I have spent many long hours out of my life experiencing the fear, the sorrow, the pain, and the agony of thinking about the impending death of people I love. It is a waste of time in that we could better spend the time experincing each other, but it is difficult to keep my mind from those fears. Many days I *can* and *do* ignore these worries, and do not give them a thought.... but sometimes I fail and do not keep those thoughts out of my psyche and mind.

To end the post for today... do you ever think about the fact that when we are born, we have the first half of our lives to learn to love and care for those around us, and then eventually we spend a good share of the latter parts of our lives watching and seeing those we have learned to love and cherish die? It is torture.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home