The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Hello Friends:

I apologize for not posting for the past several days. I have had an NSF grant application deadline come up more quickly than I had realized. All of my semi-creative energies have been involved in that pursuit. I think it is a good application, but who the hell knows if it will be funded. Unfortunately, even though most realize that Bush has been hard on our nation during these last four years, few realize the level to which "W" has decimated the science community. Grants are harder to get than the lottery these days.

Well, anyhow, I feel good that the damn thing is done and gone from my head. I am going to curl up with a good detective novel and a pint of wild turkey for the remainder of the evening.

And... of course, numerous pipes.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home